Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gaming News: Sony Cuts PS3 Price to $250

Let us deviate from our path of game strangeness for a minute and report that Sony is cutting the price of the PS3 from $299 to $249.  Looks like Sony decided to play a little follow-the-leader after the recent price drop of the Nintendo 3DS.


Regardless, it is now a bit more affordable to try out some weird PS3 games such as Catherine, where you get to experience the nightmares of the protagonist, while solving puzzles along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Now, 250 is a good price for me! Sadly, saving up for the Wii U which I know they will over charge me for but Nintendo Fan Boy here. I have a 360 as well and would love PS3 but just more money down the drain for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaming in Public,

    I agree with you that Nintendo will probably be overcharging for the Wii U, I read an estimate somewhere near $500, ouch. Looking back at all the criticism Sony received for launching the PS3 at such a high price, I suspect that Nintendo will probably be feeling the heat as well if they sell the Wii U for $500.

    I think you made a good choice by going with the 360 instead of buying a PS3 as well, I have both systems and my PS3 mostly collects dust because so many games are cross-platform these days.

    ReplyDelete