Nintendo 3DS and the Raiders of the Awkward Right Joystick

Sorry for the lack of updates the past couple weeks, I have plunged into the world of web development and have been caught up learning PHP and CSS, as well as re-learning HTML (an annoying language in my opinion).

Anyway, a bit of news about the Nintendo 3DS that I thought worth mentioning in this blog of strangeness: the incredibly awkward-looking right analog stick add-on.


Is it just me or does this add-on look incredibly clunky and uncomfortable?  From an aesthetic standpoint, it gives the impression of a cheap and rushed addition.  Also it seems as if the face buttons would be a little difficult to reach during an action-packed gaming session.  Here's hoping for a future redesign of the 3DS that will incorporate dual analog sticks into a better controller layout.
Nintendo 3DS and the Raiders of the Awkward Right Joystick Nintendo 3DS and the Raiders of the Awkward Right Joystick Reviewed by Rob on 11:52 PM Rating: 5

4 comments:

  1. This really pisses me off! Why didn't you build the system with the second analog in the first place. Now I am really not going to buy a 3DS and I am a Nintendo fan boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Nintendo needs to stop being naive and look at gaming trends. I guess they are releasing this as an add-on instead of a total redesign of the 3DS because they already stiffed the early adopters with the price drop (although the 20 free games they got sounds nice).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt any redesign will be coming soon since it would be counter productive to their product.Also I have heard that the add-on is comfortable when using it so if anything it will be popular with big-handed people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it will probably be a couple years before they attempt a redesign. Good to hear that it's comfortable, I was a big fan of the giant original Xbox controller haha

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.