E3 Aftermath, and Halo 4: Master Chief Rides Again

Another year, another E3 come and gone.  I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the show this year, I was expecting the Wii U to have a stronger presence.  It would have been awesome if Nintendo came along with a new Mario game (New Super Mario Bros doesn't count!), Zelda game, and Donkey Kong game, and really showed us how the gameplay can be fresh and exciting with the new tablet controller.

Doomed to be a gimmick? Let's hope not.

Also I'm a bit angry with Valve for not making any announcements.  A couple months back, Gabe Newell (the co-founder of Valve) said that Valve would be announcing "all our favorite things" at E3, including a game with a '3' in it.  Those of us who have been waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode 3 (or just Half-Life 3) were pretty much jumping for joy at this point.  A couple weeks after this exciting statement, Newell followed up by saying he was pretty much lying through his teeth: Valve would not be making any announcements at E3.  Even after hearing this, I still held onto some hope, but alas, no announcements.

What surprised me the most at this year's E3 was the trailer and gameplay demo of Halo 4.  It did something I never thought possible: it got me interested in the Halo series again.  After playing the disappointing Halo 3: ODST, I vowed never to buy another Halo game again.  However, the trailer for Halo 4 appeals to my inner sci-fi geek; it looks like the game might actually have a strong story!  I'm very interested in learning about the world the Master Chief is stranded on, which appears to be populated by Forerunner-created AI.  Also I'm wondering why the Elites are an enemy again (make up your mind guys!).


What were your favorite moments of E3 2012?  Is there anything you're especially excited about?
E3 Aftermath, and Halo 4: Master Chief Rides Again E3 Aftermath, and Halo 4: Master Chief Rides Again Reviewed by Rob on 4:24 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.